- Give the bike a quick look over before you ride
- Check the brakes
- Make sure your audible warning device like a bell is working
- Check tire pressure
- Make sure the wheels are securely fastened before you ride
- Make sure the seat post is correct for your height and the seat post bolt is tight
- Lubricate exposed moving parts of the bike.
- Lube your front and rear derailleurs, front and rear brakes, brake and gear levers, and chain.
- Check tyre and valve condition.
- The wheels should be straight, without dents or damage.
- Check brake blocks for wear and replace frayed brake cables.
- Clean chain with a rag soaked in degreaser and re-lube, Clean rear sprockets.
- Check for looseness in the handlebar and stem.
- Check your pedals and bottom brackets for excessive wear.